As I said, these turned out more half-siblings than fraternal twins, due to the vagaries of the (unintended) Kool-Aid dyeing effect (I started dyeing these separately, then switched to together, and didn’t plan them to turn out the way they did anyway).
But I still love them!
Now I have to wait till October to wear them, probably; or maybe they would be good socks when we go up North in August. These could be cozy in the sleeping bag on a chilly night!
The observant among you may have immediately seen that one sock has slightly more ribbing than the other; obvious above. Not only that, the bind-off is different. On the sock I did second (in the front above), I used EZ’s sewn cast-off which is supposed to be stretchy; I’ve considered it before, but it seemed fussy and I always had misplaced my yarn needle when I was actually finishing a project. Well, now I have many yarn needles since I do keep losing and re-finding them, and I usually carry a couple with me, and I wanted this sock to be as perfect as possible. So I tried it and liked it. The first sock was just loosely bound off in pattern and looks a bit sloppy, though not so bad on. The length’s a bit different because I knit toe up and used every inch of yarn, basically. And either the yardage in the skeins was slightly different, or (more likely), I had slightly different gauge, though I can’t tell wearing them. After I took this picture, I frogged sock #1 a bit and redid the ribbing to match sock #2’s length and did the sewn bind-off.
Love it when I learn something new! Especially when I’ve been meaning to try it for YEARS.
Specs: Sport weight 100% merino from KnitPicks, Kool-Aid dyed by me in an unintendedly creative way.
Now off to pack for vacation and sneak in a few rows of Clue 3 for Mystery Stole 3.